Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Frey Family


The weekend after Thanksgiving, I met up with some of my dearest friends for their family portrait session.  Since the weather was quite chilly we wanted a nice indoor location, so we selected the Coralville Marriott.  If you remember their portrait session last year (you can see the blog post here), we chose the Marriott as their portrait setting last year too.  Not wanting to duplicate the session we did last year, I tried to take a fresh approach and use new locations within the hotel itself.  I think the portraits turned out great!



 I adore all of the natural light the Marriott has.  It really is a photographer's dream.  The wallpaper on the walls is also a nice neutral gold tone, which made for a great, simple back drop.  The nice thing about a simple background is it puts all the attention on the beautiful people in the portraits. 


After spending some time using a neutral background, we headed into the gorgeous library at the Marriott.  Love this room!  I really want to glide around the room on the book ladders like Belle in Beauty and the Beast...perhaps I watched too much Disney as a child...  Anyway, I digress .  I love the portrait of them snuggled on the couch surrounded by books.  It just looks so loving and warm.


 Ok, now seriously, how adorable are these two?!  While they weren't the most forthcoming with smiles during the session, we did manage to get a few great shots of these two cuties.  I love the chair we found in the Marriott.  It coordinates so well with their outfits!

 
 As always, it was such a pleasure working with the beautiful Frey family.  I cannot wait until the next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment